TMC guidelines for assessing code contributions
1. Pull request description
- Reference to Trac ticket, create an issue if necessary
- Mention the pull request on the associated Trac ticket
- Short description of the provided code changes in github ticket
2. Code formatting
See CodingPractices (needs update!)
- Add Licence header
3. Javadoc Guidelines
- Every interface shall have a meaningful and clear description of the intended behaviour.
- Every public class shall have a complete and meaninigful describtion what the purpose of its implementation is.
- Each public method shall have a clear description including the parameters
- The @author tag shall be used on type level. Always use your full name and add an email address.
- The @since tag shall be used on type and method level
- Use the @Api annotation for indicating that this type or method is supposed to be part of the deegree API
- Use log4j
- Use trace, debug level to provide information for developer
- Use info, warn, error level to provide information for system administrator/operators
5. Unit/Integration Tests
- provide JUnit 4.x test cases for all behavior changes
in case of bug fixes name a test method including the issue ID such as "verifyThatIssue4232<SUMMARY>IsFixed"
6. Successful integration
build the project on the travis-ci.org bot using the provided YAML configuration file. Read the getting started guide.