deegree Summit: Joint PSC and TMC Meeting (2012-03-21)
Time: 17:00 - 18:30 h CET
- Agenda review
- Torsten as TMC member
- Action items review
- Documentation process
- Web Site
- Other project tool software
- deegree day
2. Torsten as TMC Member
- Membership accepted by both committees
- Jens to write an announcement to the mailing lists and add Torsten to TMC reflector
3. Action Items Review
- CRS issue: lat/lon made first analysis. Work will continue in early April. Some discussion on framework to use shows that requirements are not completely clear. Input is needed from all technical experts.
- 3.2 release: No progress yet on WBS (Torsten) - will be done ASAP. Same for Herman's paper.
- deegree presentation at Geospatial World Forum: Presentation accepted about deegree's INSPIRE capabilities (Herman). Further more, Markus had contact to Just. From that it is not clear yet if there can be a broader deegree presentation in an Open Source track.
4. Documentation Process
deegree handbook prototype is moved to deegree SVN. Markus also updated the Wiki page.
- Next steps are mentioned in that document. IDgis and lat/lon will contribute to all items which are marked as "by whom". Decisions to be known by end of March.
- Markus will take the lead on this process.
5. Web Site
- New web site needed for presentation of deegree at the Geospatial World Forum.
- lat/lon prepared an inventory of the current web site contents. Jens will move this to the deegree wiki.
- IDgis will prepare a simple and professional layout draft for the web site.
- We need a mission statement we could all subscribe to (some discussion on that). Important aspects to include are "ready to use", "product" (although Torsten has an issue on using this term).
- Jens will prepare a skeleton of the web site in the wiki so that we can share the contents creation process.
- Visual aspects to be managed by Herman, contents creation by Jens.
- Torsten WBS of the 3.2 release will include the web site renewal as an action item.
- The web site shall focus on deegree 3 but shall include one single page with information on deegree 2.
- Currently there is nothing to decide about the wiki.
- In the future we must make clear the designations of the two tools, wiki and web site.
7. Other project tool software
- The code repository is not a pressing matter. Mercurial could be an option.
- Issue tracker: Jira might be an option here.
- Artefact server
- Torsten will take the lead on those issues.
8. deegree day
Date is fixed: November 13 & 14
- Klaus will try to find a team member to take the lead on preparation management.
- Jens will send out a pre-announcement right now (this week)
- Klaus will review the 2010 check list to make it a WBS for this deegree day
9. Other Business
- Next meeting is April 16 at 5 p.m. on skype