- Mission Statement follow-up
- deegree community space
- FOSS4G participation / shootout
- Web site maintenance
- OSGeo stuff: deegree page and deegree flyer
- Voting process
- Torsten's roadmap request
- FOSSGIS Linux Hotel Hacking event
- Documentation: Status
- Other business
- Next meeting
Mission Statement follow-up
- Herman proposed to finalize the discussion about the Mission Statement on mailing list.
- There was some discussion on the mailing list.
Herman will compile a final proposal and add this to the MissionStatement page, right below the initial collection of statements.
deegree community space
- Meeting was announced in June for "round October"
- This is already quite soon and there was no feedback to the initial announcement.
We can try to combine this with the FOSSGIS Hacking Event (22-24 November).
- Jens will discuss with the FOSSGIS event owner if it is feasible to use a few hours on Friday - which might be before the Hacking Event starts.
FOSS4G participation / shootout
- The shootout is cancelled. Instead there will be a discussion about the next one.
Other deegree-related activities at FOSS4G are documented here.
Web site maintenance
- deegree infrastructure components have been moved to a dedicated deegree project server. So we are now able to give access to who needs it.
This was already announced on the list by Jens (2013-09-11), along with a proposal for the decision process about access rights. The wiki pages Infrastructure and StructuresAndProcedures have been updated accordingly.
- There has been no feedback yet. There are currently no pending requests for access.
- Jens will ask some of the community members who asked for access in the past to follow the process now.
OSGeo stuff: deegree page and deegree flyer
OSGeo deegree page - the so-called "Info Sheet": Jens was chasing OSGeo folks for quite a while to get access. We can now update the page - make a short and nice description with some pictures (Herman) and a link to the deegree web site.
The deegree Wiki page on OSgeo (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Deegree) also needs an update.
Further more we should be able now to update the deegree documents in https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/flyer/
- The document there is completely outdated. But there is already a newer version. Jens will find that newer version and send it to Klaus and Herman.
- Herman and Jens will have a look at this to see if there is any need for updates.
Adjust http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/wiki/DeegreeVotingProcess to use YES, NO, ABSTAIN, instead of +1, -1 and 0. (all)
- Jens will bring this to the list (initiate a voting)
Torsten's roadmap request
- There was a request from Torsten about the roadmap (email 2013-08-07).
- We'd like to use that request as a starting point for:
- Re-think responsibilities of the two committes
- Make the roadmap process an agenda item for the Community Space
BTW Jens will ask TMC if they agree to move PSC's responsibility on "ensuring regular releases (major and maintenance) of deegree software" to them (StructuresAndProcedures#Project_Steering_Committee)
FOSSGIS Linux Hotel Hacking event
- FOSSGIS Linux Hotel Hacking event: There is a large deegree section now. Good!
- We'll try to attach the Community Space to it (see above).
Current state: There is a list of open tasks: http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/ticket/477
- There is one open issue (for the metadata store) where lat/lon is working on. IDgis can assist in a few months, if still necessary.
- Apart from the manual IDgis is working on a HOWTO document. There is already a draft. Herman is willing to share this with the community (deegree-users list).
- The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, 30 September, 4:30 p.m.