deegree TMC Meeting (2011-11-23)
- Welcome and agenda review
- TMC meeting schedule
- Election of TMC chair
Review of open TMC tasks
2. Decisions and Actions
2.1. TMC meeting schedule
It was decided to have bi-weekly TMC meetings every Tuesday at 14:30. Next meeting will be on Tuesday, December 6th 2011.
2.2. TMC chair
MarkusSchneider was elected to be chair of deegree TMC.
2.3. deegree 3.2 planning
Related issue: Tracker item #6265
- The TMC suggests to schedule deegree 3.2 for the end of April 2012. This matches both the plan of clinging to a 6 month release cycle and should be right before deegree day 2012 (as discussed in the latest PSC meeting).
- Several outstanding features to be included in 3.2 have been discussed, but a detailed list can not be given yet.
AndreasSchmitz: Update the existing wiki pages that contain planned features for deegree 3.
2.4. deegree 3 visibility/servlet mapping
Related issue: Tracker item #6264
Generally, the TMC considers the idea of improving the visibility of the deegree product name, but rejects the idea of changing the URL pattern.
The TMC suggests the following ideas instead:
- Mention deegree and version in HTTP response headers. This is not only a matter of visibility, but also improves diagnosing problems with deegree installations and is an option for server detection by OGC clients.
- Build an alternative start-page for deegree webapps that don't bundle the service console. Include a favicon here.
2.5. deegree 2 release process docs
Related issue: Tracker item #6263
JohannesWilden: Review existing documents
2.6. deegree demo server QA
Related issue: Tracker item #6253
Postponed as this has to be discussed with JohannesWilden.
2.7. deegree SVN structure
Related issue: Tracker item #1305
AndreasSchmitz: Bring the mavenized deegree2 version (in folder deegree2) up to the status of folder base and remove base.
MarkusSchneider: Move other deegree2-related folders (docs,demo,test) to deegree2 folder.
2.8. Commit templates for deegree 3
Related issue: Tracker item #1256
As discussed in the past, manually categorized commit templates are considered not very helpful. In the future, an issue-oriented development mode (including proper Mylyn integration in Eclipse) should be reconsidered to provide integrated commit messages. For now, the item can be closed.