deegree3 TMC meeting (2012-12-18)
2. Open TMC tracker issues
3. Prepare a short TMC statement on the community space
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6402
There should be a wrap-up statement on the effects of the community space (e.g. move to GitHub, release plan, infrastructure improvements).
Input for this statement to be collected in TMC tracker item #6402, afterwards, Reijer, Torsten and Markus will prepare the statement.
4. deegree 3.2-pre12 release announcement
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6403
- All committers to pre12 sent in the description of their changes.
- Johannes will now prepare the release announcement.
5. Consolidate issue trackers
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6321
- The original request was to move issue trackers to JIRA.
- Overall goal is to consolidate the different types of trackers (wald, Trac) and replace them with a single contemporary, well-integrated and user-friendly solution.
At the community space, it has been decided to test whether the integrated GitHub tracker meets these requirements.
Ticket TMC tracker item #6321 has been closed.
Ticket TMC tracker item #6407 has been created.
6. Prepare a suggestion for maintained components/modules
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6298
- A Maven report plugin is required to auto-generate a status overview page from the POMs.
- Andreas will work on this when he finds the time.
7. Migrate source code to git, possibly using bitbucket
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6322
deegree 3 has been move to GitHub already
- After the remaining modules have been moved, the ticket can be closed.
8. Version numbering schema used for deegree / stability guidelines
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6389
Results from the community space TMC face-to-face meeting have been recapped.
- The idea is to have a major release every year, minor releases every two months and test-builds (pre-releases) every two weeks.
Ticket TMC tracker item #6389 has been closed.
- The 3.x series will not provide API stability, but aims for configuration stability.
- deegree 4.0 will be the first release with API (and configuration) stability.
9. Pull requests
Pull request #4 has been merged. Fixes http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/ticket/452.