deegree TMC meeting (2013-01-08)
- Welcome and agenda review
GitHub: Usage and content of wiki
GitHub: First experiences with issue tracker
- Nexus administration
GitHub: Add PSC members as owners
- PSC/TMC joint meeting
- Infrastructure status
- Roadmap status
- Responsible person for handbook completion
- CRS issue
2. GitHub: Pull requests (deegree 3)
Pull request #13 has been merged. README.md created.
Pull request #14 has been merged. Use of WMS namespace uri removed (resulted in StaX exceptions).
Pull request #15 has been merged. Improvement for busy loop in ThreadFeatureInputStream.hasNext().
Pull request #16 was not merged (yet). RenderHelper.getWorldToScreenTransform bugfix.
3. GitHub: Settings
- Settings have been changed so that only contributers can edit the wiki.
4. GitHub: Usage and content of wiki
Initial content and structure has been created.
The GitHub wiki will only provide development-related information. No user documentation.
5. GitHub: First experiences with issue tracker
Experiences have been rather positive, but the GitHub tracker is not a replacement for a full-featured issue tracker.
In the future, the GitHub tracker shall only be used for managing pull requests.
- JIRA should become the main issue tracker of the deegree project.
TorstenFriebe will answer the PSC request and perform the registration of the deegree project on JIRA.
6. Nexus administration
- Currently, repo.deegree.org is missing management and house keeping (updates, settings, etc.)
TorstenFriebe was selected to be reponsible for management of repo.deegree.org.
7. GitHub: Add PSC members as owners
PSC members shall become additional owners of the deegree project on GitHub.
MarkusSchneider will take care of that.
8. PSC/TMC joint meeting
- Meeting is scheduled for January, 31st 2013
- Subjects: Mission statement and vision of deegree and review of organizational structures
9. Infrastructure decisions
- Tracker choice, Wiki choice and Handbook technology
- PSC asks whether more decisions are required and what the questions/proposal of the TMC are
Developer wiki shall be on GitHub
The main issue tracker for the deegree project shall be JIRA. GitHub tracker will be used for pull requests only.
- Sphinx shall be kept as technology for the deegree handbook.
10. Roadmap status
- PSC asks for the status of the deegree roadmap and what the questions/proposal of the TMC are
11. Responsible person for handbook completion
- PSC proposes to make a TMC member responsible for making a plan for the completion of the handbook and managing execution of the plan
MarkusSchneider will be the responsible person for handbook completion.
- Target date is March, 15th 2013
- Creation of missing content will be managed using the deegree tracker
12. CRS issue
Related tracker issue: deegree tracker item #330
- PSC asks for the status
- What is the proposal of the TMC to get this issue done?
- Fixing the issue may involve a substantial rewrite of the CRS module
- As no involved company desperately requires it at the moment, some sort of funding would be required.
13. deegree 3.2-pre12 release announcement
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6403
- Johannes will prepare the release announcement today (and close the ticket).
14. Prepare a short TMC statement on the community space
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6402
- A Skype conference has been scheduled for that.
15. Prepare a suggestion for maintained components/modules
Related tracker issue: TMC tracker item #6298
- Andreas created a Maven report plugin to auto-generate a status overview page from the POMs.
- It has been integrated into the deegree-maven-plugin.