NOTE: This page is outdated. If you are looking for up-to-date information, please refer to the official documentation on the deegree homepage.
deegree 3 mapService
1. Features of the implementation
Implementation of the WMS 1.1.1 and 1.3.0 specifications
- Passes the OGC CITE test suites for 1.1.1 and 1.3.0, certification planned
- High performance through code layering, streamlined data access, streamlined and optimized rendering, improved style handling and multi-resolution data access.
- Extensive support for SLD / SE versions 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.
- High-quality rendering: improved support for vector based line decorations, support for mm and meter UOMs in styles allowing for continuous scale dependent styling.
- Scale dependent styling and improved SLD/SE parsing allows for dramatically decreased effort to define styles, support for SE also removes the need for a lot of proprietary extensions.
Templating for GetFeatureInfo-responses: easier configuration of HTML and other output formats.
- Rendering process makes use of underlying streaming based data access, which decreases the memory footprint significantly and improves scalability.
- Nearly complete support for raster symbolizing as defined in SE (with some extensions).
- Complete support for TIME/ELEVATION and other dimensions for both feature and raster data, supports both 1.1.1 and 1.3.0.
- Support for dynamic layers and styles, which enables adding/removing styles and layers at runtime, without the need for a context/web container restart.
2. See a demo installation
There are two showcases for noteworthy features of the deegree 3 mapService implementation.
The demo installation of the deegree 3 utah-workspace contains a deegree 3 mapService.
2.2. INSPIRE Data Themes
The demo installation of the deegree inspire-workspace contains a deegree 3 mapService.
3. Get it up and running in 5 minutes
Usually, the deegree mapService is one component of a spatial data infrastructure.
Examples may be found in the schowcases, which contain detailed information for a local setup:
4. Configuration basics
Like every other deegree 3 application, the configuration of the deegree mapService is based on the common deegree3/WorkspaceConfiguration concept.
At the moment, the deegree mapService configuration requires the manual editing of XML configuration files (a web interface is planned). If you followed the above steps, the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/$DEMO_NAME/WEB-INF/workspace folder contains your deegree workspace.
In addition to the general deegree workspace settings, a WMS workspace uses the following additional files:
`-- services |-- ... |-- html.gfi `-- wms.xml
html.gfi: Configuration file for GetFeatureInfo responses.
wms.xml: Main configuration file of the mapService.
The service specific configuration regarding these files is described on the dedicated page: deegree3/WMSConfiguration.
As soon as you are through with configurating the mapService, you should then turn to the much more interesting part of styling configuration.