NOTE: This page is outdated. If you are looking for up-to-date information, please refer to the official documentation on the deegree homepage.
deegree 3 featureService
1. Features of the implementation
Implements the WFS 1.0.0, 1.1.0 and 2.0.0 specifications
- Passes the full OGC CITE test suites for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 (including all optional tests), certification planned
- Fully transactional WFS-T (for WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0)
Complete support for GetGmlObject requests and XLinks
- High performance and excellent scalability due to streaming architecture
- Supports GML 2/3.0/3.1/3.2 output formats
- On-the fly coordinate transformation
Underlying feature model has been designed to cope with even the most complex GML application schemas. Examples of successfully implemented schemas are XPlanung 2.0/3.0, INSPIRE Data Themes and GeoSciML 2.0
- Underlying ISO 19107-compliant geometry model allows the WFS to support complex geometries such as non-linear curves
- Queries may use complex filter expressions that take advantage of the full power of XPath 1.0. Conditions are mapped to the backend whenever possible (post-filtering performed in memory if this is not possible).
- Can be set up to work on a variety of data sources, such as PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, shapefiles or GML instance documents. The pluggable and modular dataacess layer allows to add support for new backends with ease.
2. See an example setup
There are two main showcases for noteworthy features of the deegree 3 featureService:
2.1. Demo configuration 1: Utah-workspace
The deegree 3 utah-workspace contains a deegree 3 featureService.
2.2. Demo configuration 2: INSPIRE Data Themes
The deegree inspire-workspace contains a deegree 3 featureService. This featureService is working on the official INSPIRE GML application schemas and provides schema-valid output and even transactional support for INSPIRE data themes.
3. Get an example setup running in 5 minutes
These two showcases contain detailed information for a local setup of the deegree 3 featureService:
4. Configuration basics
Like every other deegree 3 application, the configuration of the deegree featureService is based on the common deegree3/WorkspaceConfiguration concept.
TODO: Describe schema mapping wizard in service console.
At the moment, the deegree featureService configuration requires the manual editing of XML configuration files (a web interface is planned). If you followed the above steps, the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/$DEMO_NAME/WEB-INF/workspace folder contains your deegree workspace.
A deegree WFS serves the feature types from the active feature stores in the workspace. In addition to the general deegree workspace settings, a WFS workspace uses the following additional directories/files:
`-- services |-- ... `-- wfs.xml
wfs.xml: Main configuration file of the featureService.
More to come...