deegree PSC Meeting (2012-09-17)
Time: 16:05 - 17:10 h CET
- Old action items, ongoing tasks
- deegree day
- deegree in social media
- Project strategy meeting
- Other business
- Topics for next meeting
2. Old action items, ongoing tasks
- INSPIRE demo data: See what's happening in Germany with the new legislation. Jens: Ask JRC team. (still TBD)
- Comparison to other FOSS GIS software packages: Follow-up Herman
- Jens: Update deegree's OSGeo flyer in OSGeo SVN (some progress yet, but still TBD)
- Herman will send dutch version of the flyer to Jens for update in OSGeo SVN
deegree OSGeo presentation at INTERGEO (http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/Intergeo_2012#Ausstellende_Projekte): Call for presentations was posted to deegree mailing lists. Little feedback yet. Dead line is tomorrow: 2012-09-18! Herman will propose a presentation.
3. deegree day
- 2nd Call for participation has to be sent out now
- Little feedback to Klaus' mail of 2012-09-06
- Herman will make a poster draft (to be used for flyers as well)
- Web site to be updated (hotel information, registration form)
- Klaus will invite a keynote speaker from Ministry of Environment (INSPIRE)
Speakers/papers: We have to ask individuals personally, in parallel to the 2nd call (Klaus will invite the OrgCom to do this)
- Workshops, some ideas here: deegree desktop, something together with a partner (to get them involved)
- Social event: We need some ideas here
- Uniclub's cancellation dead line: Decision before October 1st needed!
4. deegree in social media
- Herman made some research: There is few deegree coverage on facebook (nothing), linkedin (334 people with "deegree" in their profile), twitter (see below).
- We have a twitter account (@deegree_org) but usage could be improved.
- Decision to create a profile and a group on linkedin. Further more, deegree can be a skill there. (Herman will do this)
- Decision to create a profile on facebook (Jens will do this)
5. Project strategy meeting
It was possible to make a reservation for a conference room in Linuxhotel (Essen) for Thursday, September 27, 10 - 17 h. We have internet access, a beamer, a flip chart, a coffee maschine and soft drinks there. For lunch we can go to a nearby location, e.g. Haus Grossjung.
- Bernhard's contribution: Experience and best practise from other communities, general advice. Jens will discuss this with him next Friday.
In the meantime Jens made a request for funding at the FOSSGIS e.V.: http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/Deegree_Strategietreffen_in_Essen_2012
- In the discussion on social media the question came up how we do manage the representations of deegree in (social) media. We add this to the agenda of the strategy meeting.
- We shall prepare an inventory of the deegree community (all of us)
6. Other business
- Nothing here today
7. Next meeting
- Infrastructure issues (Jens)
- Web site and documentation (Jens)
- New logo for the deegree project (Jens)
- Time and date: Not yet scheduled. An appointment will be made in the meeting of September 27th (in Essen)