deegree TMC meeting (2014-04-15)
- Welcome and agenda review
- New member: Stephan Reichhelm
- Pull requests and automatic testing
- Suggestions for agenda of joint TMC/PSC meeting
2. Welcome Stephan Reichhelm
The TMC welcomes it's latest member.
3. Pull requests and automatic testing
In the past months, merging of erroneous pull requests into deegree3 master and 3.3-master lead to delays and a lot of additional work to fix them afterwards. This is for two reasons:
AndreasSchmitz left. And with him the ability to fix failing integration tests in no time...
- We finally have additional providers of pull requests. This is good, but it also leads to breaking tests more often.
As a counter measure, the TMC decides to try enabling of Travis CI to automatically execute tests for each pull request. There are some remaining issues to it, which need to be resolved:
- Creation of travis.yml for deegree 3.3 and 3.4
- Use best practices for Maven integration tests (e.g. consider test failures to be fatal, don't use a profile for running integration-tests)
- Fix (disable) integration tests that only work sometimes
Initially, there won't be support for Oracle and MSSQLServer modules, as they depend on restricted third-party libraries. StephanReichhelm suggests that he could investigate the details of distribution of oracle libraries after basic Travis CI integration is done.
4. Suggestions for agenda of joint TMC/PSC meeting
- Modernizing deegree infrastructure (e.g. deegree build server)
Technical debts (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_debt)
- (Voluntary) project investments from the different companies involved
- Web-site maintenance