Unterhaltung mit #deegree

(14:26:24) Das Thema für #deegree ist: Welcome to deegree, an OSGeo project. Visit the main project page at http://deegree.org and our wiki at http://wiki.deegree.org with lots of extra info. Check out a running system at http://demo.deegree.org and follow us on twitter @deegree_org.
(14:31:20) mlechner: hi, do I need maven2 or maven3 to compile deegree from svn src
(14:31:22) mlechner: ?
(14:31:38) markusschneider: Use maven3
(14:31:47) markusschneider: but maven 2 should work as well
(14:32:22) mlechner: markusschneider, maven2 is recommenden in Wiki: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/deegree3/HowToCreateWPSProcesses - I have maven3 installed and just didn't know if I have to switch
(14:32:24) mlechner: thnx
(14:33:05) markusschneider: you're welcome
(14:33:28) markusschneider: documentation will be much better, once the handbook is complete
(14:33:29) jwilden [~wilden@static-87-79-89-38.netcologne.de] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:33:38) jwilden: Hello
(14:33:45) jwilden: Sorry for beeing late
(14:34:10) markusschneider: hi!
(14:35:21) markusschneider: well, lets wait for a few more minutes, shall we?
(14:35:29) markusschneider: 14:40?
(14:35:48) jwilden: I think Torsten is in a conference call.
(14:35:51) jwilden: Ok
(14:36:10) markusschneider: ok
(14:36:38) copierrj [~chatzilla@] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:36:42) copierrj: hi
(14:37:00) markusschneider: hi
(14:37:48) markusschneider: is torsten going to join?
(14:38:10) jwilden: I'll go ask him. One moment please
(14:38:25) markusschneider: ok
(14:38:52) jwilden: He is not able to join
(14:39:09) markusschneider: ok. welcome to the show then
(14:39:17) markusschneider: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/TmcMeeting/TmcMeeting20130205
(14:39:23) markusschneider: Anything missing from the agenda?
(14:39:55) copierrj: no
(14:40:08) jwilden: Nope
(14:40:37) ndrs: what about the deegree desktop pull requests?
(14:40:58) markusschneider: well, ok
(14:41:02) markusschneider: missed that.
(14:41:10) markusschneider: anything else?
(14:41:29) ndrs: if nobody here knows about their state, maybe we should postpone them
(14:42:04) markusschneider: +0
(14:42:15) jwilden: As far as I know they are tested
(14:42:20) copierrj: only small fixes for deegree2-desktop
(14:42:35) copierrj: easy enough to have a quick look
(14:42:44) markusschneider: personally, i don't care much. shall we consider them?
(14:42:51) markusschneider: +0
(14:42:52) ndrs: 0
(14:42:55) jwilden: We have to (somehow)
(14:42:59) jwilden: +1
(14:43:10) copierrj: +1
(14:43:14) markusschneider: fine
(14:43:36) markusschneider: 1. item: deegree3 pull requests
(14:43:41) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pulls
(14:43:47) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/38
(14:43:58) ndrs: +1
(14:44:03) markusschneider: +1
(14:44:04) jwilden: +1
(14:44:04) copierrj: +1
(14:44:12) ndrs: merged.
(14:44:19) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/37
(14:44:27) ndrs: +1
(14:44:27) jwilden: +1
(14:44:31) copierrj: +1
(14:44:32) markusschneider: +1
(14:44:39) ndrs: merged.
(14:45:02) markusschneider: next item: deegree2-desktop pull requests
(14:45:23) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree2-desktop/pulls
(14:45:31) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree2-desktop/pull/2
(14:45:33) ndrs: 0
(14:45:37) jwilden: +1
(14:45:51) markusschneider: 0
(14:45:53) copierrj: +1
(14:46:00) ndrs: merged.
(14:46:12) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree2-desktop/pull/1
(14:46:15) markusschneider: 0
(14:46:16) ndrs: 0
(14:46:48) jwilden: +1
(14:47:14) copierrj: +1
(14:47:20) ndrs: merged.
(14:47:29) markusschneider: Very well.
(14:47:44) markusschneider: btw, how do we cope with deegree2-desktop releases?
(14:47:52) markusschneider: after each merge-session?
(14:48:05) jwilden: I'd say so
(14:48:24) markusschneider: is the automatic build/release process working?
(14:48:37) jwilden: Yes. On the deegree buildserver
(14:48:52) markusschneider: ok
(14:48:53) tfr42 [574f5926@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:49:05) tfr42: Hi
(14:49:12) copierrj: hi
(14:49:15) markusschneider: btw, are the any problems left with releasing deegree3?
(14:49:15) ndrs: hi
(14:49:16) markusschneider: hi
(14:49:25) tfr42: sorry, for beeing late
(14:49:41) markusschneider: @johannes: did the pre13 release went smooth?
(14:49:53) markusschneider: or do we need to improve anything?
(14:50:31) jwilden: We have to fix the release of oracle/tests modules. Somehow they are not released properly
(14:50:50) ndrs: I think the release worked, but there was a deployment issue?
(14:51:06) jwilden: Both
(14:51:06) markusschneider: wasn't this related to the jenkins job configuration?
(14:51:26) jwilden: Changing the configuration did not change the issue
(14:51:50) ndrs: are you sure? I thought the release worked, but was done in a 'release' branch
(14:52:12) ndrs: which did not get merged back into master until you did that manually
(14:52:21) markusschneider: @ndrs: you fixed the jenkins job afterwards, didn't you?
(14:52:29) jwilden: Yes, but the oracle module version was not updated
(14:52:35) ndrs: no, jwilden did all the changes
(14:52:46) jwilden: I will try if it runs correclty this time
(14:53:00) markusschneider: ok. let me know if you need help
(14:53:21) markusschneider: next topic:
(14:53:46) markusschneider: Open TMC tracker issues
(14:53:51) markusschneider: http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=303&group_id=27&func=browse
(14:53:58) markusschneider: any updates?
(14:54:27) tfr42: For my part I am very sorry - NOT
(14:54:44) markusschneider: for my tickets: no as well
(14:54:53) jwilden: Me neither
(14:54:57) copierrj: why is 6322 still open?
(14:55:10) markusschneider: good question
(14:55:17) markusschneider: i believe we can finally close it
(14:55:26) markusschneider: as the deegree2 modules have been migrated
(14:55:29) ndrs: yes, can be closed now since deegree desktop and the others have been migrated
(14:55:47) jwilden: I think so, too
(14:56:04) markusschneider: Closed
(14:56:19) jwilden: Thanks
(14:56:28) markusschneider: we have two unassigned tickets
(14:56:51) markusschneider: https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6387&group_id=27&atid=303
(14:57:04) markusschneider: Update the deegree 3 roadmap
(14:57:13) jwilden: I think #6387 can be closed. Roadmap has been updated.
(14:57:25) markusschneider: Maybe we should talk about Jens request for 3.2 final
(14:57:56) copierrj: agreed
(14:58:00) markusschneider: What goals are left for 3.2?
(14:58:22) markusschneider: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/deegree3/Roadmap
(14:58:26) markusschneider: Handbook!
(14:59:05) jwilden: Anything else?
(14:59:12) copierrj: some remaining todos on the roadmap are unlikely happen soon
(14:59:21) tfr42: Which?
(14:59:26) copierrj: crs
(14:59:33) copierrj: sql featurestore improvements
(15:00:10) markusschneider: Personally, I would like to see some fixes to the console for 3.2...
(15:00:24) markusschneider: i just used it at a workshop...
(15:00:34) jwilden: What fixes are you suggesting?
(15:00:58) markusschneider: mostly stability + session timeout issues
(15:01:11) markusschneider: log messages
(15:01:27) ndrs: I'd say we fix what we can, and release when the handbook is ready
(15:01:36) jwilden: Sounds good
(15:01:57) ndrs: shall we set the 15th of March as release target date?
(15:02:18) jwilden: +1
(15:02:21) markusschneider: +1
(15:02:25) ndrs: +1
(15:02:26) copierrj: +1
(15:02:54) markusschneider: what about the big INSPIRE goal for 3.2?
(15:03:11) jwilden: What is missing for reaching that goal?
(15:03:15) markusschneider: i think the psc put this as the most important aspect of 3.2!!!
(15:03:49) ndrs: as you well know setting up an INSPIRE service with deegree is already possible
(15:03:59) markusschneider: right.
(15:05:39) markusschneider: This brings us to: Define actions for deegree 3.2 release
(15:05:43) markusschneider: https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6391&group_id=27&atid=303
(15:06:23) jwilden: - Resolve CRS issue ==> seems not possible until then
(15:06:52) markusschneider: i suggest to add andreas statement to the ticket
(15:07:02) markusschneider: I'd say we fix what we can, and release when the handbook is ready
(15:07:03) jwilden: +1
(15:07:24) ndrs: +1
(15:07:26) copierrj: +1
(15:07:29) markusschneider: ok. i will write this down properly then
(15:07:35) markusschneider: my ticket, if you like
(15:07:44) jwilden: Yes. Thanks
(15:07:46) ndrs: ok
(15:08:28) markusschneider: i believe that's it already!?
(15:08:37) ndrs: looks like it
(15:08:39) jwilden: Really? :>
(15:09:11) jwilden: Then thanks!
(15:09:12) markusschneider: thank you!
(15:09:23) markusschneider: johannes: you do pre14 today?
(15:09:28) markusschneider: or tomorrow?
(15:10:08) jwilden: I can start the job today. But I don't know if I have time to do anything tomorrow.
(15:10:23) markusschneider: ok
(15:10:23) jwilden: And I'm on vacation for the rest of the week
(15:10:42) ndrs: ok, see you in two weeks
(15:10:46) copierrj: cu
(15:10:47) jwilden: Yes. See you
(15:10:49) markusschneider: cu