Unterhaltung mit #deegree

(14:35:58) Das Thema für #deegree ist: Welcome to deegree, an OSGeo project. Visit the main project page at http://deegree.org and our wiki at http://wiki.deegree.org with lots of extra info. Check out a running system at http://demo.deegree.org and follow us on twitter @deegree_org.
(14:35:58) asimov.freenode.net: (notice) [freenode-info] channel trolls and no channel staff around to help? please check with freenode support: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#gettinghelp
(14:36:13) jwilden: Sorry I'm late, was working on the pull request
(14:36:19) markusschneider: :-)
(14:36:23) markusschneider: Torsten?
(14:36:26) ndrs: no problem, we haven't started yet
(14:37:03) jwilden: How do I mark (XML-) code in github comments
(14:37:05) jwilden: ?
(14:37:09) ndrs: ```xml
(14:37:10) ndrs: code
(14:37:12) ndrs: ```
(14:37:26) ndrs: also works with other languages
(14:39:06) jwilden: Got it, took the wron ''
(14:39:28) jwilden: *wrong
(14:42:33) markusschneider: Johannes, you know if Torsten will join?
(14:42:59) jwilden: I'll go ask, one minute
(14:43:39) jwilden: He should join any minute
(14:45:41) tfr [574f5926@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:45:54) markusschneider: Hi
(14:46:04) jwilden: Hello
(14:46:27) markusschneider: Agenda for today: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/TmcMeeting/TmcMeeting20130430
(14:46:29) tfr: Hi
(14:46:36) markusschneider: hi
(14:46:53) markusschneider: We have one additiona item today. Anything else?
(14:46:58) markusschneider: additional
(14:47:16) jwilden: Nope.
(14:47:44) markusschneider: We have one pull request for 3.1 today:
(14:47:45) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/100
(14:47:53) ndrs: +1
(14:47:55) markusschneider: +1
(14:48:03) jwilden: +1
(14:48:08) ndrs: I'll prepare a separate pull request for 3.2/3.3 later
(14:48:12) tfr: +1
(14:48:19) ndrs: merged.
(14:48:27) jwilden: Thanks andreas
(14:48:34) markusschneider: Do we need to build a new 3.1 release?
(14:49:05) ndrs: perhaps the lat/lon guys can answer that, they needed the fix in the first place
(14:49:21) jwilden: It would be nice to have one
(14:49:36) jwilden: for 3.1. More important is the 3.2 at the moment
(14:50:04) markusschneider: so we skip the 3.1 build for now?
(14:50:24) jwilden: Yes. If we need one we can still build it.
(14:50:33) markusschneider: good
(14:50:44) markusschneider: Next: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/104
(14:50:51) ndrs: +1
(14:50:53) markusschneider: +1
(14:51:07) jwilden: +1
(14:51:39) tfr: +1
(14:51:44) ndrs: merged.
(14:51:59) markusschneider: 3.3-only:
(14:52:00) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/105
(14:52:06) ndrs: +1
(14:52:12) markusschneider: +1
(14:52:14) tfr: +1
(14:52:20) jwilden: +1
(14:52:25) ndrs: merged.
(14:52:35) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/106
(14:52:40) ndrs: +1
(14:52:44) markusschneider: great, btw!
(14:52:45) markusschneider: +1
(14:52:51) ndrs: thanks ;-)
(14:52:57) jwilden: +1
(14:53:08) tfr: +1
(14:53:16) ndrs: merged.
(14:53:29) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/107
(14:53:46) jwilden: +1
(14:53:49) tfr: +1
(14:54:10) markusschneider: oops sorry. some confusion
(14:54:28) tfr: ????
(14:54:33) markusschneider: I meant: #110
(14:54:45) markusschneider: #107 was already merged
(14:54:47) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/110
(14:54:56) jwilden: Also +1 ;)
(14:55:01) ndrs: as I see it, the fixes from #110 have also been merged
(14:55:12) ndrs: as the fix was applied to 3.2, it automatically got into 3.3
(14:55:21) markusschneider: as we discussed last week
(14:55:30) tfr: +1
(14:55:43) ndrs: the merging will not do anything...
(14:55:53) ndrs: so -1
(14:55:55) markusschneider: -1
(14:56:00) jwilden: Ok then. But why is the pull request containing changes?
(14:56:13) jwilden: Or listing them on github?
(14:56:13) ndrs: not sure
(14:56:25) ndrs: we had an accident with the 3.2 branch last week
(14:56:31) ndrs: perhaps that's why github is confused
(14:56:48) ndrs: but if you look into the classes involved, you'll see that the master already contains the changes
(14:56:54) jwilden: Hmm ok.
(14:57:05) jwilden: Then 0
(14:57:17) ndrs: ok, closed.
(14:57:30) markusschneider: last one: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/111
(14:57:34) ndrs: +1
(14:57:49) markusschneider: +1
(14:57:57) tfr: +1
(14:57:57) jwilden: +1
(14:58:03) ndrs: merged.
(14:58:10) markusschneider: great
(14:58:19) markusschneider: one question related to the changelog.
(14:58:52) markusschneider: i guess we want to have detailed changelogs for every release in the future, right?
(14:59:04) jwilden: Right!
(14:59:34) markusschneider: how about linking the changelog on the download page...
(14:59:41) markusschneider: http://www.deegree.org/Documentation
(14:59:45) markusschneider: http://www.deegree.org/Download
(14:59:49) markusschneider: last one...
(14:59:49) tfr: the changelog shall be created by the issue tracker
(14:59:59) markusschneider: yep!
(15:00:06) markusschneider: how do we get there?
(15:00:40) markusschneider: currently, we only have all changes in the github tracker, right?
(15:00:52) jwilden: I guess
(15:00:58) ndrs: that's the most complete list, as every actual change happens there
(15:01:01) tfr: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/issues?milestone=3&page=1&state=closed
(15:01:03) tfr: plus
(15:01:18) tfr: http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/milestone/3.2
(15:01:20) tfr: for example
(15:01:52) markusschneider: Which one would i link from the download page?
(15:02:15) jwilden: Both?
(15:02:43) jwilden: Maybe http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/milestone/3.2 as Bugfixes, https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/issues?milestone=3&page=1&state=closed as new features/improvements
(15:02:45) tfr: on code level the github tracker is the prefered one
(15:03:12) markusschneider: @tfr: i am confused. what does this mean for the website...
(15:03:14) tfr: but on project (management) level I would prefer the Trac
(15:03:54) tfr: road map is the path to the next releases
(15:04:02) tfr: that's in trac
(15:04:17) tfr: but change log for a previous release is in github tracker
(15:04:17) markusschneider: yep, but how do we get there
(15:04:43) markusschneider: to have a unified, linkable changelog?
(15:04:55) markusschneider: maybe we can discuss this separately?
(15:05:05) tfr: yes please
(15:05:17) markusschneider: next week?
(15:05:41) markusschneider: anyway, last item
(15:05:50) markusschneider: Proposal: Update deegree templates (remove SVN tags)
(15:05:59) ndrs: I've prepared a wiki page: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/wiki/Developer-Guidelines
(15:06:16) ndrs: in essence, it removes all the svn tag parts in the templates
(15:06:30) ndrs: I also removed the company addresses from the bottom of the file template
(15:06:40) ndrs: and added Occam Labs and 'others' to the top
(15:07:01) ndrs: an alternative would be to remove the company references and just put 'the deegree project' or so as copyright holder
(15:07:07) markusschneider: Please note that the SVN tags don't work anymore...
(15:07:36) ndrs: yep, and all information can be accessed in a more flexible way by use of the GitHub pages anyway
(15:07:57) jwilden: I agree the svn tag has to be removed
(15:08:10) markusschneider: What about the author and revision tags?
(15:08:32) tfr: old school stuff
(15:08:42) jwilden: agreed
(15:08:44) ndrs: indeed
(15:08:48) tfr: not needed anymore with web ui of github
(15:09:05) tfr: revion history is easy to access via github frontend
(15:09:10) tfr: get rid of it
(15:09:16) markusschneider: @tfr: is the proposed javadoc class header "good practice"?
Unbekanntes Kommando.
(15:09:47) markusschneider: Only manual author information? No other javadoc tags?
(15:09:48) tfr: well, let's drop the TODO ...
(15:10:06) tfr: but I would add something like
(15:10:11) tfr: @since 3.2
(15:10:18) ndrs: sounds like a good idea
(15:10:18) tfr: for each type or method
(15:10:32) ndrs: at least for new public classes/methods
(15:10:47) tfr: sure only public types/methods
(15:10:59) markusschneider: ok. added @since
(15:11:02) ndrs: ok, I'll add that to the page
(15:11:06) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/wiki/Developer-Guidelines
(15:11:10) ndrs: ok
(15:11:17) markusschneider: anything else?
(15:11:19) tfr: perfect
(15:11:24) tfr: Svn
(15:11:28) markusschneider: ?
(15:11:51) tfr: reminds me to the open issue that we need something in replacement for the commit mailinglist
(15:11:54) tfr: any idea?
(15:12:00) tfr: is this needed anymore?
(15:12:05) markusschneider: not sure.
(15:12:15) markusschneider: we only merge nowadays
(15:12:24) ndrs: hm, since it was kind of an unofficial feature anyway...
(15:12:28) jwilden: True, I don't think we need whis anymore
(15:12:35) jwilden: *this
(15:12:59) markusschneider: github should be enough, imho
(15:13:39) markusschneider: what about a method header example?
(15:13:43) markusschneider: javadoc
(15:14:06) ndrs: not sure if this is a detail level we need to worry about right now
(15:14:18) markusschneider: maybe we can also collect a few DOs and DONTs on the wiki page
(15:14:27) ndrs: that's probably a good idea
(15:14:34) markusschneider: Such as: "How not to write a javadoc comment"
(15:14:49) markusschneider: e.g. redundancy
(15:14:51) markusschneider: anyway
(15:14:59) markusschneider: you second the proposals?
(15:15:01) ndrs: some things are probably still valid from the old wiki
(15:15:06) ndrs: like how to do logging
(15:15:11) ndrs: +1
(15:16:18) markusschneider: +1
(15:16:33) jwilden: +1
(15:17:05) tfr: +1
(15:17:16) markusschneider: fine
(15:17:31) markusschneider: one last thing...
(15:17:40) markusschneider: what about the 3.3 release?
(15:17:53) markusschneider: shall we update the target date?
(15:18:03) jwilden: To what date?
(15:18:06) markusschneider: or just release it?
(15:18:24) markusschneider: good question
(15:18:33) tfr: well, stick with the plan or not?
(15:18:55) tfr: the plan says first deegree security feature present in 3.3
(15:18:55) markusschneider: well, we cannot stick with the plan, as we're already behind schedule...
(15:19:12) tfr: therefore release 3.3 as it is
(15:19:41) markusschneider: release today?
(15:19:50) ndrs: well, how long will you need to finish the security stuff?
(15:20:08) ndrs: if it will be ready next week, I'd postpone the release
(15:20:19) ndrs: if it will be ready within 3 months, not
(15:20:28) tfr: not stable and general enough right now
(15:20:47) markusschneider: i suggest to release on the next meeting
(15:20:47) tfr: it is a proof of concept
(15:20:48) jwilden: So release now and move security to 3.4?
(15:20:53) tfr: yes
(15:20:57) ndrs: ok, +1
(15:21:03) jwilden: +1
(15:21:04) tfr: shall I update the trac milestones accordingly
(15:21:09) markusschneider: +1
(15:21:11) tfr: +1
(15:21:13) ndrs: (I meant to release at the next meeting)
(15:21:21) tfr: me to
(15:21:25) markusschneider: good
(15:21:30) markusschneider: next meeting we will do 3.3
(15:21:34) jwilden: Ok
(15:21:35) ndrs: great
(15:21:39) markusschneider: thanks
(15:21:53) markusschneider: anything else?
(15:21:59) jwilden: Nope.
(15:22:11) markusschneider: have a nice holiday then!
(15:22:16) markusschneider: see you in two weeks
(15:22:19) jwilden: You too! See you in two weeks!
(15:22:21) tfr: well, here is something about code and documentation
(15:22:22) tfr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-Rt3U7K2g
(15:22:34) markusschneider: ??? :-)
(15:22:34) tfr: or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbheQitF74
(15:22:36) tfr: enjoy
(15:22:56) tfr: A nice movie about code style and how to name a method
(15:23:02) markusschneider: :-)