Unterhaltung mit #deegree

(14:30:37) Das Thema für #deegree ist: Welcome to deegree, an OSGeo project. Visit the main project page at http://deegree.org and our wiki at http://wiki.deegree.org with lots of extra info. Check out a running system at http://demo.deegree.org and follow us on twitter @deegree_org.
(14:32:29) tfr42 [574f5926@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:32:35) tfr42: Hello
(14:32:38) markusschneider: hi
(14:32:43) markusschneider: is johannes coming as well?
(14:32:48) copierrj: hi
(14:33:41) markusschneider: ok, let's wait until 14:35 then
(14:34:30) tfr42: he is not back from his lunch break
(14:34:43) markusschneider: i sent him a message, but he seems to be afk
(14:35:31) markusschneider: ok, we start without him then!?
(14:35:41) markusschneider: agenda: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/TmcMeeting/TmcMeeting20130930
(14:35:56) markusschneider: anything you would like to add?
(14:36:44) markusschneider: ok
(14:36:52) markusschneider: first item: Pull requests QA: Guidelines for assessing contributions
(14:36:55) tfr42: ók
(14:37:15) markusschneider: i believe, this has been on the agenda for a while
(14:37:23) markusschneider: thorsten, you initiated this.
(14:37:35) tfr42: Yes, that's correct
(14:37:42) markusschneider: how shall we proceed?
(14:37:58) markusschneider: is there a tmc ticket for this?
(14:38:02) markusschneider: i believe so
(14:38:02) tfr42: Where shall we collect our proposals for the guidelines?
(14:38:11) markusschneider: in the wiki, i suggest
(14:38:15) tfr42: OK
(14:38:36) tfr42: Can we create a page for that right now?
(14:38:46) markusschneider: sure
(14:39:04) markusschneider: ContributionAssementGuidelines ?
(14:39:06) markusschneider: maybe
(14:39:12) tfr42: sounds good
(14:39:28) markusschneider: ok, i can add it...
(14:39:37) tfr42: yes, please
(14:40:25) markusschneider: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/ContributionAssementGuidelines
(14:40:59) markusschneider: i suggest to ask on the ml for contributions to this page
(14:41:11) markusschneider: @torsten: can you do this?
(14:41:45) tfr42: yes, I can
(14:41:51) markusschneider: thx
(14:41:53) tfr42: I have updated [#6433]
(14:42:01) markusschneider: good.
(14:42:14) markusschneider: i remember one item that i would like to add to the agenda:
(14:42:15) markusschneider: javadoc
(14:42:30) markusschneider: i have been asked for it twice in the past weeks
(14:42:38) markusschneider: i put it last, ok?
(14:42:41) copierrj: ok
(14:42:53) tfr42: OK
(14:42:54) markusschneider: next: pull requests
(14:43:00) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/164
(14:43:05) markusschneider: this is a 3.2 pull.
(14:43:23) markusschneider: was needed for a customer project that uses 3.2
(14:43:30) tfr42: +1
(14:43:33) copierrj: +1
(14:43:33) markusschneider: +1
(14:43:40) markusschneider: merged
(14:43:51) markusschneider: 3.3 pulls now
(14:43:52) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/157
(14:44:05) markusschneider: +1
(14:44:09) copierrj: +1
(14:44:46) tfr42: +1
(14:44:54) markusschneider: merged
(14:45:05) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/163
(14:45:07) markusschneider: +1
(14:45:18) copierrj: +1
(14:45:31) tfr42: +1
(14:45:37) markusschneider: merged
(14:45:45) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/167
(14:45:49) markusschneider: +1
(14:45:52) copierrj: 0
(14:46:16) tfr42: +1
(14:46:31) markusschneider: merged
(14:46:44) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/168
(14:46:45) markusschneider: +1
(14:47:21) copierrj: 0
(14:47:23) tfr42: do we have a test for this?
(14:47:29) markusschneider: of course not
(14:47:33) tfr42: 0
(14:47:38) tfr42: sorry
(14:47:45) markusschneider: i understand
(14:47:45) tfr42: to complex
(14:48:07) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/170
(14:48:14) markusschneider: +1
(14:48:16) copierrj: +1
(14:48:32) tfr42: +1
(14:48:46) markusschneider: merged
(14:48:49) markusschneider: now 3.4
(14:48:56) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/162
(14:48:57) markusschneider: +1
(14:48:59) copierrj: +1
(14:49:17) tfr42: +1
(14:49:30) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/165
(14:49:31) copierrj: 0
(14:49:33) markusschneider: +1
(14:49:58) tfr42: +1
(14:50:08) markusschneider: merged
(14:50:15) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/169
(14:50:15) copierrj: 0
(14:50:15) markusschneider: +1
(14:50:47) tfr42: 0
(14:50:54) markusschneider: merged
(14:51:00) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/171
(14:51:01) copierrj: +1
(14:51:01) markusschneider: +1
(14:51:11) tfr42: 1
(14:51:13) tfr42: +1
(14:51:21) markusschneider: merged
(14:51:23) markusschneider: thank you.
(14:51:38) markusschneider: last item
(14:51:42) markusschneider: javadoc
(14:52:13) markusschneider: moment
(14:52:31) markusschneider: http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/ticket/535
(14:53:01) markusschneider: how can we get this working
(14:53:18) markusschneider: i believe we should have javadoc as a professional project...
(14:53:23) copierrj: agreed
(14:53:27) tfr42: sure
(14:54:13) copierrj: what is the technical reason that javadoc breaks site creation?
(14:54:25) markusschneider: seems to be a bug in the maven report plugin
(14:54:35) copierrj: hmm
(14:54:39) markusschneider: but we don't know for sure
(14:54:48) copierrj: do you have an error message
(14:54:54) copierrj: ?
(14:55:05) markusschneider: no, it just runs for years
(14:55:33) markusschneider: rebuilding the javadoc for modules that it already created the javadoc for.
(14:55:36) markusschneider: again and again
(14:55:42) copierrj: weird
(14:56:13) markusschneider: originally, reijer agreed to dig into this...
(14:56:22) copierrj: i know
(14:56:23) markusschneider: but maybe we can start a collaborative effort on the ml
(14:56:24) markusschneider: ?
(14:56:27) tfr42: @copierrj: the ticket is assigned to you
(14:56:41) markusschneider: how about this:
(14:56:44) tfr42: will you have time to do some bugfixing on this?
(14:56:55) tfr42: or shall I assign it to me?
(14:57:06) copierrj: i'm going on holiday the day after tomorrow
(14:57:09) markusschneider: everybody tries to build it and we share insights on the list.
(14:57:15) copierrj: so i'm not going to solve it this month
(14:57:24) markusschneider: well, it doesn't need to
(14:57:33) markusschneider: we just should try to get it going
(14:57:46) tfr42: any hint shall be added to the trac ticket
(14:57:52) copierrj: ok
(14:57:53) tfr42: and I will assign it to me
(14:58:00) markusschneider: i understand that this is not a nice subject, therefore i suggest to share the pain
(14:58:21) markusschneider: shall we get the ball rolling on the ml then?
(14:58:22) copierrj: i'm still willing to dive into this one, i'm just way too busy at the moment
(14:58:31) markusschneider: even andreas might help out
(14:58:35) markusschneider: IF WE DO IT ON THE ML
(14:58:45) markusschneider: ;-)
(14:59:11) tfr42: OK, I have accepted that ticket
(14:59:18) markusschneider: thx
(14:59:39) tfr42: Please contribute as much as possible. Even if it is a small input such as the error message
(14:59:51) markusschneider: sure
(14:59:54) tfr42: everything is welcome
(15:00:02) markusschneider: but i usually don't look into the tracker actively
(15:00:11) tfr42: I put you in cc
(15:00:22) markusschneider: fine
(15:00:26) tfr42: everybody of you should get email notifaction now
(15:00:37) markusschneider: i believe that was it, right?
(15:00:42) tfr42: wait
(15:00:48) markusschneider: ok
(15:01:05) tfr42: In our issue tracker Trac
(15:01:23) tfr42: I have added the Milestones for 3.3.4 and 3.3.5
(15:01:25) tfr42: see http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/roadmap
(15:01:28) markusschneider: thx
(15:01:51) tfr42: shall we link them today to the github MS pages?
(15:01:57) markusschneider: yes, please
(15:02:19) markusschneider: like this:
(15:02:20) markusschneider: http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/milestone/3.3.3
(15:02:44) tfr42: OK
(15:02:58) tfr42: And I do have a quick question to all of you
(15:03:02) markusschneider: sure
(15:03:10) copierrj: ok
(15:03:30) tfr42: We are preparing the first milestone for the replacement of the deegree 2-based owsProxy
(15:03:49) markusschneider: yep
(15:03:53) tfr42: Are you ok with the following name
(15:04:03) tfr42: deegree security proxy
(15:04:39) markusschneider: is there going to be a deegree-security main module?
(15:04:59) tfr42: this would be my second question
(15:05:06) tfr42: first, what about the name?
(15:05:16) copierrj: the name is fine with me
(15:05:16) markusschneider: depends
(15:05:16) tfr42: I do refere to the requirements in http://tracker.deegree.org/deegree-services/ticket/495
(15:05:24) tfr42: ok
(15:06:05) markusschneider: if there are no other modules, i would currently put it into deegree-services
(15:06:12) tfr42: I would put it as a seperate project under https://github.com/deegree
(15:06:39) markusschneider: are you considering refactorings to the deegree3 module?
(15:06:40) tfr42: I will have several Maven sub-modules for sure
(15:06:50) tfr42: not yet
(15:06:54) copierrj: is this product also going to be usable on top of other ogc services?
(15:07:04) markusschneider: i would rather see it in deegree3
(15:07:09) tfr42: This is one of the requirements
(15:07:12) tfr42: es
(15:07:14) tfr42: Yes
(15:07:51) markusschneider: the current situation (deegree 3 vs deegree 2) is already pretty complicated to a novice
(15:08:09) markusschneider: why not have it in deegree3?
(15:08:39) copierrj: it should be part of deegree3 if it is sharing stuff with other deegree components
(15:08:43) markusschneider: also think of releases...
(15:08:51) copierrj: agreed
(15:09:03) markusschneider: i would rather keep things aligned for now
(15:09:07) tfr42: put what about the parent pom and it's sub-modules?
(15:09:19) markusschneider: what is the problem exactly?
(15:09:31) tfr42: Then we would have a strong relation between the two modules
(15:09:43) markusschneider: between which modulesß
(15:09:44) markusschneider: ?
(15:10:17) tfr42: the deegree webservices and the deegree security proxy module
(15:10:44) copierrj: is the deegree security proxy going to be using deegree core modules?
(15:11:04) markusschneider: yes, we should discuss this further. but can we continue this discussion on the ml? i have two other meetings coming up..
(15:11:11) tfr42: Yes, it has a USE relationship
(15:11:25) tfr42: but IMO it is not a PART OF relationship
(15:11:26) copierrj: in that case it should imho be part of the same maven project
(15:12:00) markusschneider: and this is not a real "quick" question...
(15:12:08) tfr42: OK,
(15:12:13) copierrj: agreed
(15:12:23) tfr42: then is my question how shall we proceed?
(15:12:24) copierrj: maybe we can discuss this during the community space?
(15:12:48) markusschneider: i suggest to propose the contribution
(15:12:55) markusschneider: and then discuss this on the ml
(15:13:01) markusschneider: as part of that
(15:13:22) copierrj: sounds fine to me
(15:13:30) tfr42: OK
(15:13:47) tfr42: Accpect a VOTE message on the ML soon
(15:13:52) markusschneider: nice
(15:13:54) copierrj: ok
(15:13:56) markusschneider: +1
(15:13:59) markusschneider: :-)
(15:14:21) markusschneider: see you in two weeks?
(15:14:26) copierrj: nope
(15:14:29) markusschneider: ah
(15:14:31) markusschneider: right
(15:14:35) markusschneider: in three weeks?
(15:15:00) copierrj: i'm not available until 23rd
(15:15:12) markusschneider: ok, then the next meeting is probably without you
(15:15:19) copierrj: no problem
(15:15:22) markusschneider: anyway, have a nice holiday
(15:15:22) tfr42: OK
(15:15:25) markusschneider: bye
(15:15:26) copierrj: thx
(15:15:32) tfr42: relax
(15:15:48) tfr42: hear you soon
(15:15:52) copierrj: cu
(15:15:57) tfr42: ciao