Unterhaltung mit #deegree

(14:30:46) Das Thema für #deegree ist: Welcome to deegree, an OSGeo project. Visit the main project page at http://deegree.org and our wiki at http://wiki.deegree.org with lots of extra info. Check out a running system at http://demo.deegree.org and follow us on twitter @deegree_org.
(14:33:18) markusschneider: hi
(14:33:24) copierrj: hi
(14:34:36) tfr42: hi ho
(14:34:47) markusschneider: johannes has trouble connecting...
(14:35:15) jw [574f5926@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiirc.com/ip.] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:35:39) jw heißt jetzt Guest5728
(14:35:39) Guest5728: Hello, sorry for the delay - my client did not work anymore
(14:36:21) Guest5728 heißt jetzt johanneswilden
(14:36:31) markusschneider: welcome everybody
(14:36:42) markusschneider: agenda: http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/TmcMeeting/TmcMeeting20131029
(14:36:50) markusschneider: anything missing from your side?
(14:37:10) johanneswilden: nope
(14:37:11) copierrj: not from me
(14:37:32) markusschneider: i would like to add two things:
(14:38:06) markusschneider: 1. i would encourage a person involved with deegree2-desktop development to join tmc
(14:38:12) markusschneider: 2. deegree 3 javadoc
(14:38:27) markusschneider: fine.
(14:38:29) tfr42: what about the open tasks in https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=303&group_id=27&func=browse ?
(14:39:05) markusschneider: yes, we should check if there are any updates
(14:39:13) tfr42: ok
(14:39:14) johanneswilden: we can add those 3 request to the agenda?!
(14:39:41) markusschneider: ok
(14:40:22) markusschneider: done
(14:40:27) markusschneider: deegree2-desktop pulls
(14:40:37) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree2-desktop/pull/18
(14:41:24) tfr42: stop please
(14:41:30) markusschneider: hm. which impact does "The project files are not adjusted" have?
(14:41:36) markusschneider: will this be a problem?
(14:42:00) tfr42: I would like to recommend to shift this pull request to a later version
(14:42:01) johanneswilden: Yes
(14:42:15) markusschneider: ok. may i ask why?
(14:42:28) johanneswilden: Not a single existing configuration is working anymore
(14:42:35) johanneswilden: They all have to be updated
(14:42:39) tfr42: these changes will affect existing configurations
(14:42:55) markusschneider: yes, i agree
(14:43:10) markusschneider: next: deegree3 pulls (3.3.6)
(14:43:13) tfr42: this is actual a no-go
(14:43:14) johanneswilden: This has to be done before we can accept the pull request
(14:43:37) markusschneider: ok.
(14:43:38) johanneswilden: Let's move on
(14:43:43) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/174
(14:44:15) tfr42: +1
(14:44:17) johanneswilden: +1
(14:44:23) copierrj: +1
(14:44:31) markusschneider: +1
(14:44:33) markusschneider: btw: we need to make sure that upcoming milestones exist in github. it's not possible to select the correct milestone
(14:44:42) markusschneider: merged
(14:45:03) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/173
(14:45:08) markusschneider: (this is 3.4)
(14:45:14) markusschneider: +1
(14:45:15) copierrj: +1
(14:45:19) johanneswilden: +1
(14:45:25) tfr42: +1
(14:45:31) markusschneider: merged
(14:45:44) markusschneider: https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/pull/172
(14:45:55) johanneswilden: +1
(14:46:23) tfr42: +1
(14:46:37) markusschneider: +1
(14:46:43) copierrj: I've some mixed feelings about this: obviously convenient, but violates the standard
(14:47:01) markusschneider: does it?
(14:47:22) copierrj: I think so
(14:47:38) copierrj: OGC standards require those weird mime types
(14:47:47) tfr42: Which standard, which spec?
(14:47:50) markusschneider: well, it looks for the user-agent and depending on that, it changes the mime type...
(14:48:05) markusschneider: which clients would fails?
(14:48:42) markusschneider: i believe it depends on the question if real-world clients exist, that use "mozilla" as user-agent...
(14:48:52) copierrj: clients that depend on getting the correct mimetype that use a agent name containing 'mozilla'
(14:49:19) copierrj: clients that utilize system libraries for http might just do taht
(14:49:22) copierrj: that
(14:49:33) copierrj: I don't know about any, but they might
(14:49:39) markusschneider: so?
(14:49:47) markusschneider: that would be -1?
(14:50:00) copierrj: or 0
(14:50:13) markusschneider: personally, i doubt that will this create any trouble in practice...
(14:50:21) copierrj: probably not
(14:50:25) tfr42: what about to check this against the OGC CITE tests?
(14:50:27) markusschneider: but if it really does, we will have to reconsider this...
(14:50:41) tfr42: If the new release fails, we will remove this feature
(14:50:48) johanneswilden: agreed
(14:50:49) markusschneider: this is not a problem for the cite tests.
(14:50:50) markusschneider: trust me
(14:50:51) tfr42: otherwise it will stay
(14:51:05) markusschneider: agreed
(14:51:20) markusschneider: reijer?
(14:51:46) markusschneider: or let's say: i would really be surprised, if it would
(14:51:48) copierrj: I'm currently browsing the wms 1.1.1 standard
(14:51:50) copierrj: ...
(14:52:28) tfr42: come on ... ;-)
(14:52:30) markusschneider: well, i am aware that the spec requires a different mime-type
(14:53:11) markusschneider: but it's not that we would return the wrong one in case of anything else but a browser!?
(14:53:26) copierrj: agreed
(14:53:41) copierrj: but i'm not sure that testing for the occurance of 'mozilla' is safe
(14:54:02) markusschneider: improvements are of course welcome..-.
(14:54:07) markusschneider: as always
(14:54:15) markusschneider: merged
(14:54:31) markusschneider: next:
(14:54:36) markusschneider: Involve developer of deegree2-desktop development to join tm
(14:55:13) markusschneider: i believe it's actually a no-go not to have anybody interested in the code of deegree2-desktop...
(14:55:27) johanneswilden: I agree
(14:55:28) markusschneider: how is the tmc supposed to maintain this project?
(14:55:55) copierrj: agreed: there is no way for uninvolved people to vote on pull requests imho
(14:56:24) markusschneider: to be completely blunt: i would like to see it go. at least i don't want to waste resources on this, as long as there is not a single developer helping out here
(14:56:42) markusschneider: what do you feel about it?
(14:57:04) johanneswilden: I can let it go, too.
(14:57:22) johanneswilden: if not: we should propose to the PSC to invite someone who is involved in deegree desktop to the tmc
(14:57:50) markusschneider: right
(14:57:58) copierrj: perhaps the people still working on this can merge pull requests themselves
(14:58:25) markusschneider: btw: who is performing releases of deegree-desktop?
(14:58:27) copierrj: it is pointless imho for an uninformed TMS to do that
(14:58:38) copierrj: TMC
(14:58:51) markusschneider: i would like to propose this to the psc then:
(14:59:22) markusschneider: current tmc members don't feel in the position to maintain the deegree2-desktop
(14:59:48) markusschneider: this needs to be changed: either add suitable developers or remove it
(14:59:52) tfr42: ok
(14:59:55) johanneswilden: ok
(15:00:00) johanneswilden: Sounds good to me
(15:00:07) copierrj: fine to me
(15:00:10) markusschneider: so, formally:
(15:00:10) markusschneider: +1
(15:00:13) johanneswilden: +1
(15:00:16) copierrj: +1
(15:00:23) tfr42: agreed
(15:00:26) markusschneider: :-)
(15:00:28) markusschneider: thank you
(15:00:36) markusschneider: Next item: deegree 3 javadoc
(15:00:48) markusschneider: any updates so far?
(15:00:54) markusschneider: shall we target that for essen?
(15:01:08) tfr42: yes, good idea
(15:01:20) copierrj: ok
(15:02:14) markusschneider: i assume johannes is ok with this as well...
(15:02:21) markusschneider: probably connection issues again...
(15:02:28) markusschneider: fine
(15:02:30) johanneswilden: no i am here
(15:02:30) markusschneider: last item:
(15:02:36) johanneswilden: thougt i alreday agreed
(15:02:37) johanneswilden: sorry
(15:02:50) markusschneider: you're fine with it?
(15:03:07) johanneswilden: yes
(15:03:10) markusschneider: next
(15:03:11) markusschneider: https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=303&group_id=27&func=browse
(15:03:30) markusschneider: well, let's check if we got any updates...
(15:03:47) markusschneider: https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=303&group_id=27&func=browse
(15:03:58) markusschneider: Last action: @Torsten: Please start the discussion on the mailing list as proposed.
(15:04:14) markusschneider: what is the status?
(15:04:54) tfr42: hold a second
(15:05:05) tfr42: can we vote on my proposal
(15:05:07) tfr42: in
(15:05:08) tfr42: [#6393]
(15:05:46) tfr42: Updated http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/deegree3/StabilityManifestoDraft with proposal to use Java 5 annotation @Api for marking the public API of deegree
(15:07:02) markusschneider: you are referring to 2.1?
(15:07:34) markusschneider: this sounds reasonable. but i wonder if there are alternatives? how do other projects go about this?
(15:07:43) tfr42: correct
(15:07:57) tfr42: other OSS do similar
(15:08:17) markusschneider: is there a reference for best practices that we may follow?
(15:08:22) copierrj: the annotation approach is indeed used by others
(15:08:39) tfr42: not that I am aware of
(15:08:52) markusschneider: Spring?
(15:09:04) copierrj: geomajas if i'm not mistaken
(15:09:20) johanneswilden: Geomajas does it with @Api
(15:09:42) markusschneider: i see. what does spring do?
(15:10:42) tfr42: nothing
(15:11:00) copierrj: spring almost never breaks compatibility in my experience
(15:11:09) tfr42: all public classes and interfaces are the API
(15:11:20) tfr42: no @nnotations
(15:11:31) tfr42: for stable "interfaces"
(15:11:33) markusschneider: ok
(15:11:54) tfr42: ok, do you feel ready to vote?
(15:11:57) markusschneider: yes
(15:12:01) johanneswilden: yes
(15:12:07) copierrj: sure
(15:12:20) tfr42: my vote: +1
(15:12:26) markusschneider: +1
(15:12:28) johanneswilden: same here: +1
(15:12:39) copierrj: +1
(15:12:41) markusschneider: motion passed
(15:12:53) markusschneider: @torsten: can you update the ticket?
(15:12:55) copierrj: perhaps something to be discussed in essen?
(15:12:59) copierrj: f2f
(15:13:06) tfr42: sure
(15:13:21) markusschneider: @copierrj: right
(15:13:33) markusschneider: any more updates?
(15:13:49) markusschneider: https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6429&group_id=27&atid=303
(15:14:16) markusschneider: the problem is: we need constant updates...
(15:14:34) markusschneider: it's just been updated, but there's already a new version...
(15:14:51) markusschneider: http://repo.deegree.org/index.html#welcome
(15:15:14) markusschneider: any thoughts?
(15:15:38) johanneswilden: Not really as there is no way to do it automatically
(15:16:16) markusschneider: ok. i will simply add the notion to the ticket that constant updates are required...
(15:16:29) markusschneider: and close it
(15:16:42) markusschneider: any other updates?
(15:16:43) johanneswilden: You can talk to Jernonimo about it in essen
(15:16:49) markusschneider: right.
(15:16:49) johanneswilden: maybe he has an idea
(15:17:17) markusschneider: any more updates?
(15:17:32) johanneswilden: no
(15:17:41) tfr42: your question markusschneider?
(15:18:15) markusschneider: which one do you mean?
(15:18:32) tfr42: discussion on the ml
(15:18:43) markusschneider: ok. what is the status then?
(15:18:59) tfr42: no progress
(15:19:01) tfr42: sorry
(15:19:14) markusschneider: n p
(15:19:24) markusschneider: no updates here either...
(15:19:38) markusschneider: i guess, we're finished then...
(15:19:41) markusschneider: ?
(15:19:43) tfr42: great
(15:19:49) copierrj: ok
(15:19:52) markusschneider: c u
(15:20:00) copierrj: bye
(15:20:05) copierrj hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: ChatZilla [Firefox 24.0/20130910160258]).