deegree PSC Meeting (2013-01-14)
Time: 12:30 - 13:30 h CET
- Rotating PSC chair
- Old action items, ongoing tasks
- Infrastructure renewal
- Topics for next meeting
- Next meeting
2. Rotating PSC chair
- Jens proposal to rotate the chair on a yearly base
- Discussion: As structures and procedures are undergoing changes currently, it is assumed that we better wait until at least the Meeting end of January (Linux Hotel) or at least 3 months.
3. Old action items, ongoing tasks
- Community space: Status? - Preannouncement to be sent out this week (Jens). Heidelberg confirmed March 14. - Next steps then: Call for participation, set up planning page in Wiki, Link and registration on deegree.org.
- Meeting Linux Hotel (Jan 31): Room in Linux hotel to be confirmed tomorrow (Jan 15).
- License decision: Make the decision known to the community (Jens send an email to deegree-users).
- OSGeo contact wrt. shootout: Herman has a contact person now, will send an email.
TMC feedback on:
- Handbook completion: TMC response looks like Markus Schneider will do all of the work. But this wasn't intended by our question. Then it's not clear what is meant by the target date.
- deegree Roadmap: TMC is completing the roadmap on short notice.
- CRS issue: TMC assumes that this requires "a substantial rewrite" (20 PD or even more). Alternatives we have: Find funding and/or customer project, ask the community ("pilot project" to improve code quality, chose this module as the candidate).
TMC's Github roadmap: Obviously it was a good start on Github, but still some details have to clarified. This seems to need some more time.
4. Infrastructure renewal
- Actions: PSC members register at Github, then ask TMC (Markus) for ownership. Still TBD for Jens and Klaus.
- Github follow-up: PSC members get familiar with Github (on an overview level).
- Old SVN: Decision to make it read-only for the modules which are moved to Github. Other modules remain at Wald SVN. - Action: Ask TMC about the modules to be set read-only (Jens)
Tracker choice: TMC meeting notes look like that there is a decision towards Jira now. But still (for the PSC) it is not clear, why. Action: Ask the TMC again. Why no open source alternative? (Herman)
- Wiki choice: PSC seconds TMC approach to only have development-related information in the Github wiki.
- Feedback on handbook technology (from TMC, authors), make a decision: TMC is still in favour of Sphinx. PSC second this.
- Potential Enhancements in the web site: Arie (IDgis) made a proposal. We have provide feedback here. And Arie needs full access to the testing environment (Jens).
5. Topics for next meeting
- Prepare the Linux Hotel meeting
- Infrastructure renewal (still?)
- Comparison to neighbour projects (which is probably related to the OSGeo shootout issue)
6. Next meeting
Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-01-21, 12:30 h CET